Monday, October 24, 2005

No problem.... Buddy

Cathie and I went on a date last night and ended up at Starbucks for Coffee. We stood there at the counter and waited to order as the dude as the cash register just stared blankly at us. My order ended up at $5.75, so I gave the guy $11 so as not to get any more singles back. The guy couldn't process this, so explained to him what I was doing. He shot back with a "Ok, Chief." As Dane Cook explains - I'm not an Indian Chief, Kansas City Chief, Police Chief, or Chef (which in writing is often confused with chief). With katana like speed, I escalated things and shot back with a "Thanks, buddy." He stepped back with astonishment (at least in my mind he did). After I was done, I asked the same cashier what I should do with my mug and responded back with a "Thanks, Pal." I weighed my options and considering taking this all the way to the top with a "No problem, gaylord" But I asked myself, is it worth it? I re-sheathed my sword and responded with a simple "You're welcome." Love wins.

1 comment:

Will said...

Was there a little Mexican baby with a plastic toy on the floor behind you?