Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Golden Bee


I'm still out in Colorado Springs, freezing my butt off without a jacket. For dinner tonight, we went to the Golden Bee, an English Pub that's part of the Broadmoor Hotel, the greatest Hotel ever. I stayed here for a week last year while I was out here for some training, and it's the finest five star I've ever been in. It's at the base of the Mountains, backing up to the Pike's Peak area - just beautiful. Back to the Golden Bee.... They're known for two things - a piano sing-a-long and yards-o-beer. The two go hand-in-hand. Newton and I figured we should have a yard and we did. We're at 6,600 feet above sea level here. After the ffct, our waitress explained the pysiology behind why alcohol affects you more intesely and she was right. She also told us that she'd seen a guy drink 5 of these things full of Guiness beer and still walk out of the bar.

No comments: