Monday, November 21, 2005

Pre-School Thanksgiving Party


Cathie and I went to Emily's pre-school today for her Thanksgiving party. Since I'm missing Nate's school concert due to work travel (yes, I'm a bad father. I can hear my brother Jon singing Cats in the Cradle right now), I figured I should probably be at this to earn brownie points with Cathie. The kids had decorated the room and made some of the food (bread and butter). They had a big 'ol turkey there as well, which none of the dad's wanted to step up and do. Luckily, my Dad taught me how to carve a turkey. All of the women were very impressed and told me repeatedly how I was the only Dad who knew how to do this. Worse case scnario if I had botched it up? Would a bunch of 4 year really care? No.

Apparently, I need to take some Bean-O. Cathie shared with me that Emily told her teacher I was coming, but that I might do something bad. The teacher asked what I could possibly do that was bad enough for me to not come and Emily responded: My Dad toots a lot. Thanks Em.

No comments: