Saturday, December 17, 2005

Friday Night

Cathie and Madeline went out to dinner together last night and then they came home and we just hung out as a family. Cathie and Emily were coloring together last night, I was bored and I grabbed a marker and ended up drawing on Emily. Big sister Madeline thought she'd get revenge for her sister and drew a few lines on my face while I wasn't looking. Not to be outdone, I held maddie down and drew a few things on her face.

This escalated from there and I gave Maddie the chance to draw on me, which she did gladly. I'd made the mistake of telling Madeline about a guy in college who after he'd "fallen asleep" we wrote all sorts of stuff on his face and the word "Stupid" on his forehead, which he went to class without checking the next morning. (Yes, that's the word "Dummy" on my forehead")


As you've seen over the past few weeks, the kids and I have been building a snow fort outside. At the time, sleeping over night in the snow fort sounded like a great idea. We went out Friday afternoon and got a few bales of hay to finish it up and pad the ground. It was about 20 degrees last night as Nate and I headed out to the fort to sleep. We sealed ourselves in, and hung out the rest of the night playing cards and playing 20 questions until we fell asleep. We stayed really warm out there, considering. The only thing I'd of done differently would of been to fill in all the cracks in the log framework with snow to keep more of the wind out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why can't all dads be like you?

Unknown said...

Because if every dad held their kids down and drew on their faces, there would be too many disturbed little kids running around the world.