Saturday, December 31, 2005

Velvet Elvis


I've got a pile of books next to my bed that I'm going through. I read 1 non-fiction book for every 5 fiction books, hence I'm not good at staying up on the latest in reading - either business or spiritual stuff. By the time I buy a non-fiction book, place it in the queue and finally read it, it's normally about a year out. I got the book Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell (shameless Raitz-style name-dropping - "I went to high school with Rob and he lived a block away from me") for Christmas from Cathie's parents and decided to make an exception and start reading it. I've been listening to his teaching's at Mars Hill (Jon and Beth used to go there when they lived in Grand Rapids) for the past year or so. His teachings have impacted my paradigm in a big way, so I figured his book would be a good one to read as well. So far, so good. It's written like you're listening to one of his messages, which I like. Pretty easy to read. I like it. (how's that for profound?)

I decided to update my sidebar to list the books I'm reading at any given time and those I've just finished. (Anyone know of any good sites that provided scripted lists that I can update and have it publish out to my blog via scripting?)

No comments: