Saturday, January 21, 2006

Motocross Night at the Palace


Some guys in the neighborhood and I took our boys to the Freestyle Motocross night at the palace last night. I'd been to a monster truck rally with Nate before, but never to something like this. These guys were amazing. We had the best seats you could have, 20 feet away from the landing ramp, right at eye level. There were times where the guys would be in such ridiculous positions, you were sure they were going to die. The guys would be parallel with their bikes, lying in a superman position and let go of their bikes for a second - stuff you just shouldn't be able to do 50 feet above the ground. The boys had a blast, and Kohne and I kept it interesting with an ongoing $1 bet during the elimination round.

Even with the great seats, I had a really tough time getting any decent pictures with my camera. I tried every combination of Aperture, speed and lighting settings I could think of, without any luck. A good digital SLR would have been perfect for these types of pictures...

Since my camera didn't seem to be working too well for pictures, I took a bunch of video footage, edited them (on my Mac Mini in about 5 minutes) to produce this video montage of tricks.

No comments: