Friday, February 17, 2006

Plyometric Day

Our workout this morning was a killer, but in a pretty good way. Kirk set up a plyometric workout course that consisted of 20 boxes from 6" to 24" high, 20 1/4 hurdles and 20 hoops. All of the jumping involves having your feet together: you start by side jumping over all of the boxes and immediately move to jumping over the hurdles, and then side jumping from hoop hula-hoop to hoop. We go through these three sets three times, and do that whole thing five times. It's a really explosive workout that gets your heart rate going, with everyone pushing and encouraging everyone else to make it. A couple guys had some minor "black out/throwing up in their mouth" issues, but everyone pressed hard to make it through, except Brad, who didn't make it this morning. The excuse we heard was that he had to go to shopping this morning. At 5:30 AM? I'm amazed at the progress I've seen in my cardio and endurance. Joe keeps pushing me to do a triathalon with him at the end of June, and I think I'm going to - if I can get the swimming thing down and not sink like a rock.

No comments: