Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Sunday


Wow... I need a vacation from the weekend. I feel like we went non-stop. The kids woke us up at 7am to see if the Easter Bunny had come and I don't think we stopped running until we got home at 9 that night. The girls were very proud of their outfits which they'd picked out with their Grandma Lebbon a few weeks back. Nate, well.. we were just excited to get him dressed up a little with a collared shirt.

After church we went over to Cath's parents house and Emily was in heaven hanging out with Ed and Stacy's dog, Justice. Justice is a puppy and not used really used to kids. He did great with Emily, who didn't leave him alone for 10 seconds the whole afternoon.

Later in the afternoon we went over to my parents, who conveniently live about 5 minutes from Cathie's parents. We were celebrating Easter, my parents 40th anniversary, and Emily and Andrew's birthday.

I asked my Mom what she attributed staying with the same man for 40 years to, and she explained "I found the most wonderful man in the world." I asked my Dad the same question, and his response was, "Compromise." I explained what my Mom's answer was, and he quickly replied that she was right, and then corrected his answer to be, "I married the most wonderful woman in the world."

Dan had brought some toys back from China, including this spy kit. It's not really all that stealthy looking, because you can clearly tell that someone is wearing it. Check out the photo gallery for a picture that shows just how much 007 potential Dan really has.

While the girls hung out and looked cute...

The boys amused themselves jumping off my Dad's retaining wall and doing stroller races down the hill (the girls participated too). They'd fill two strollers, start at the top, give the the person a big push and away they'd go.

All of Dan and Kris's family wore orange (to signify the something-or-other, I guess?), while Will and Kevin coordinated shirts and heads.

We had our first annual Easter Rocket Launch, which symbolized... um... Jesus going to heaven... No, wait, that's ascension... Um. Ok, this was just fun and a chance to get the kids out of the house for a few.


More pictures are available here in the Kurt Family Photo Gallery.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Please note that it was not just our kids in the orange and blue motif. Gabe & Bender along with L. Danielle had orange and blue on.