Friday, April 14, 2006

Uncle Jon hurts another child.. This time their heart


Madeline has a part in the play tonight at church for our Good Friday service. It's a full blown hour+ production that we're doing and it should be fun. When Madeline got the part in the play, her first words were, "Do you think since Uncle Jon is in town he can come to see me in the play?" I called my brother and he explained to me that he couldn't come because 7:30 was his daughter Libby's "Grumpy Time" (first time parent thing). I talked to my sister Sooze and she volunteered to watch Libby so Jon could come town. I shared this with Jon and he then asked for gas money to come down and see Maddie. I explained that I would pay for gas, but I wouldn't pay mileage for the trip here. Jon still declined to come down, so I guess both were smoke-screens. Jon has a reputation for hurting children, but when he hurts their heart like this, it's slow to heal. Anyone have any ideas as to what Jon's true motivation is for not wanting to come down and see his niece in this play while he's in town?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Uncle Jon is really lame. Maybe he had a case of violent IBS like some other people we know?

Noel Heikkinen said...

I think the sin of hurting a child's heart is one Jesus didn't die for.

Unknown said...

Didn't Jesus say something about the person who hurts a child's heart being better off having a millstone tied around their neck and thrown into the ocean? Wow.

Jon said...

Also Jon's excuses are lame because:

A) Libby is still on Memphis time so 7:30 is really only 6:30 and she doesn't go to bed until 8:00 CST

B) His parents are lending him their car and paying for all the gas

Anonymous said...

Uncle Jon, Im sad your not coming to visit us. You said you would. Why won't you come see me in my play?

Dan said...

Maddie,
If I would have known about the play, I sure would have been there.

-Your new favorite Uncle.

Sooze said...

Yeah, the Aunt and Uncle (and cousins) that were the only ones that came to your cheerleading competition, would surely have come to this as well. If only we had known about it. Thanks for sharing!