Monday, April 10, 2006

We had a fun, but busy weekend. On Friday night the whole family just hung out in the hot tub and didn't do much productive.


Saturday morning, the girls decided to be twins and dressed exactly alike, down to the shoes and hair-style.

Saturday afternoon Nate had his first game, which I coached. We'd only had one practice prior to this and the game went pretty rough. The other coach wasn't there, and with my extensive football coaching experience (My friend Will roomed with a football player in college), I was probably way over my head. We lost 12 to nothing. The MVP was the girl on the team (only girl in the league this season) who had a few big plays. We struggled to complete passes and run down the field (every kid thinks they're Barry Sanders when they get the ball and like to dance all over the place). The kids had fun, and we don't actually keep score (Wink), so I guess it wasn't too bad for our first try.

Saturday afternoon we went down to see my Mom during her last day in the hospital. She's doing better and was actually released yesterday. We hunt out with her for a while before heading home.


Saturday evening, my friend Ken Buck was in town. Our friend Ted came in to town to celebrate Ken's time here as well. Kirk, Mark, Will, Brad, Eli, Ted, Ken and I all got together at Bob's house to sample his tequila collection and play some cards. We were originally going to go out and eat, but we figured we'd order in after hanging out for a while in Bob's basement (complete with video games, high def TV, bar, poker, and pool table). Eli took upon himself the job of ordering food and was successfully able to order enough food for a small third world country. We played cards, which I didn't too hot at on either game (and everyone was kind enough to point this out because I won BOTH games last time we got together).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed how you didn't show the picture of Ted and I holding up our winnings from cards. Must have been too painful.

Anonymous said...

what a amazing night you guys must of had the gang was together again its wonderful that you all have such a close bond wont be long before your skinny dipping again