Saturday, May 06, 2006

Work Day

Crossroads Church had a work day out at the farm house where we're building our church building. A bunch of us were working in the 100 year old barn, gutting it so we can use it as a shelter for gatherings. I was working with a guy named Brian, who I'd just met. He's 23 and just started coming to church. I asked him how, and he had a fascinating story. He explained to me that he was an Athiest for a while and started listening to the Bob Dutko Show on WMUZ, which you've probably never heard of. WMUZ is a local Christian cheese-ball station geared towards a middle aged Christian sub-culture. I've never been able to figure out who listens to the show, except for a few middle-aged women I know that happen to love everything about WMUZ, and of course Jason Shinn.

So anyways, Brian starts listen to Bob Dutko and starts hearing things about evolution and creation that he'd never considered. He starts pursuing God, and figures that going to church would be a good place to start, which is when he showed up at Crossroads.

Who knew WMUZ is good for something other than making Christianity look cheesy?

No comments: