Thursday, July 20, 2006

Netflix Guilt

I've been a subscriber to Netflix since it's inception and I love it. Every now and then I'll rent a movie that I feel obligated to watch for one reason or another, and never be in the mood for that movie. It'll end up sitting there for months, while I rotate through my other movies and feel guilty that I'm not getting around to it. I've had the movie Munich sitting on my shelf for a month, but never felt compelled to invest the 3 hours into it that I'm sure it deserves. I read an article recently that put a name to this syndrome - namely Netflix Guilt. I'm sure I'll soon be able to join a virtual support group complete with sponsors to help take me through this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same syndrome with the same movie for twice the time. Except I do Blockbuster Guilt!

Michael

Jon said...

I had Memoirs of a Geisha for 6 weeks. I felt very guilty after returning it unwatched.

Anonymous said...

There is a name for everything now! Bob and I have been there too.... That's when you just have to throw in the towel and return it. (but munich was really good!)

We have a couple Netflix theories... One is to rotate on our queue, a comedy, drama and then maybe a tv show. That way hopefully, you feel in the mood for something you have at home.

Also, we cancel Netflix in the summer, to rid ourselves of that guilt, since it's more prevalent in the summer. (more going on outside) And the best part is in the fall, they save your Queue when you rejoin and then the NEWNESS of Netflix comes back!!! (so does the guilt!)