Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Dicurci


I'm in Columbus today to conduct training for a new offering my team is rolling out across the country. I was on the phone with Ken Buck when he mentioned that Mike Dicurci lives in Columbus. I gave him a call, and we got together for a beer and to catch up. Mike just got his masters in Tuba and his wife is getting her PhD in English from Ohio State. We had a good time catching up, talking about church stuff, camp and youth group stuff. I got to know Mike through Buck at camp Velocity over the years and Mike and I get together on average once a year when either of us is in town.

Incidentally, Ken Buck has volunteered to help my brother/sister-in-law Ed & Stacy move on the 13th when they arrive in Dayton. As you may know, Stacy passed her bar exam and they bought a house down in Dayton, Ohio. The Kurt moving crew is coming to help them load up and Ken will be there to help unload. You gotta love the man's heart to help total strangers move.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so weird. I was almost in a band with Mike while we were in college.

Unknown said...

Mike told me that story, including the name of the band - which I think was " Eleanor's dogmatic response"? Or something like that...