Saturday, September 30, 2006

Gift to my Family


As a kid on our family road trips, the 6 of us would pile into the car for very long car rides. My parents would keep us entertained by doing 'Talent Shows'. We would each showcase a talent like singing, reciting a poem or some other skill you could do while crammed in a four-door Oldsmobile. I was always guaranteed victory by doing a version of Kenny Roger's 'The Gambler'. My brothers thought I won based on pity, but I believe it was based on raw skill - because my Mom told me so, and I believe her. Jon and Dan got to the point where they would do motions to the song - purely in mockery of me, of course. My Dad would always do a horrible operatic/yodeling rendition of 'Little Boy Blue', but never ceased to get a laugh.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a fun family memory to have! And, that really explains a lot, Dave. :)