Sunday, October 08, 2006

Saturday

Yesterday was a weird day. My Dad, brothers and I had to go and talk to my Grandma about my Mom's death. Cathie and I went to talk to our kids also. Yesterday was Gabe's birthday and we wanted to make sure it remained special. Kevin and I took the kids to see the movie Open Season and then went to the Park for pizza.

Even in the midst of sadness, there was joy.

And rest.

And cleaning.

Last night, Jon, Beth, Dan, Dad, Will, Monaca, Kevin and I all went to the local Irish pub for a beer. We all waited with anticipation to see how Will ordered his beer. Will has been to Ireland, and with that comes a special belief that by entering an Irish pub in the US he will magically be transported to Ireland. Anytime we go to an Irish pub, Will orders a Guinness by asking for a "pint" just like in Ireland. We all held our breath as the waitress asked the question that we all hoped she would: "A pint of what?" The whole family busted up.

No comments: