Saturday, November 18, 2006

Dancing Like a Fool

All I knew was that it was a secret. Our wives had planned a night out for us guys and we were supposed to show up. None of us had any idea what was going on. After a long day, the guys were looking forward to having a cold beer, but that wan't going ot happen for a while. The Niemi's, Schultz's, Muzzi's, Girards and us all met up in a parking lot in an indusrial complex, which looked suspiciously like the dance studio Maddie had gone to. Strange, huh?

Along with 7 other couples, we began our ballroom dancing class. I wasn't horribly against it, I just was caught off guard by the whole thing. We proceeded to learn to foxtrot and waltz. The insructor would split the guys off to one side of the room and the girls to the other and show us our individaul steps and roles for the different dances. The guys as a whole were pretty slow at learning the whole thing while the girls picked it up pretty quickly. It ended up begin a fun night. It was fun learning the dances with Cathie and seeing the other guys be equally off. We'd all be so focused on learning to dance that we'd run into each other throughout the night. We laughed a lot and I got to hold my beautiful wife the whole time. We out to the South Lyon Hotel for dinner afterwards and then played cards at our house with Dana and Eli and Kasey and Michael.

Today we're getting together with a bunch of friends to watch the Michigan vs Ohio State national championship game. For the first time ever, I am rooting for Michigan in a game. MSU's season has let me down to the point that I'm hoping my statement has a huge impact on their motivation next year.

No comments: