Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Tuesday/Wednesday


My Dad came over last night for dinner and we were able to introduce him to Emily's wonderful world of Sequence. This is Emily's favorite game in the world and she can easily play ten games in a row. After my Dad left to pick up Jon and Beth from the airport (they never made it in), our friend Tiffany came over to hang out, talk and watch a movie. Nate had two buddies over for a sleep-over, and they finally called it a night around 2AM. They started out the night with their Nintendo DS's, all in the same room, playing Mario Kart wirelessly, which was funny to see.

This morning we were greeted with breakfast in bed by the girls. It consisted of a newspaper, milk, and two ice cream sundaes. The girls and I sat around watching old family videos from 8 years ago and laughing hard. You could tell they were old because Kevin and Will still had hair and Emma, Lindsey and Nate were all playing ring-around-the-rosie together.

We had a big breakfast later in the morning and I went outside to finish raking the leaves. I'm going to the airport in a few to pick up Jon and Beth, and then we're heading to Dewitt for the double-whammy thanksgiving at my Dad's house tomorrow for Thanksgiving. My Mom would always go all out in cooking and this will be our first holiday as a family without her. It'll be sad in parts, but good to see everyone. On Friday, we're having another big Thanksgiving at Cathie's parents, right down the street from my Dad's house.

3 comments:

Sooze said...

Hm. Funny. Seems that you never picked up Jon and Beth from the airport. Dan had to leave work early because you apparently are too selfish with your time and car (or so says Jon).

Thanks Dan for being there for Jon and Beth, if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be seeing them this holiday weekend.

Anonymous said...

Susan, that is why it is called Thanksgiving...I am a giving person...I gave up my valuable time to pick my namesake niece & brother & sister-in-law up at the airport. And they thanked me.

Unknown said...

Kris is the one who suggested that she could pick them up and let them take your car. She seemed angry that I was doing it, so I decided to let her get them.