Saturday, December 23, 2006

Bob Seger Concert


On Friday night, Brad, Eli, Bob and I went to see Bob Seger at the Palace. The show was amazing. We thought the concert started at 7:30 with no opening act - and we were wrong on both counts as Bob didn't come on until 9.

The show was amazing - about 2 1/2 hours of Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band rocking out and the audience singing every word to every song. Bob danced like the 61 year old white rocker that he is, but somehow he made it seem cool.

Even Brad felt old at this concert, as the average age was around 45. It was funny seeing 20 people in my section watching the show through binoculars. I was a little disappointed that Kid Rock didn't show for a third encore, as he had earlier in the week, but it was still an amazing show. I put together this montage of video from the show that I took with my digital camera (and yes, I do realize that Bob, Brad, Eli and I are probably the only people in the world that will want to watch this video). What makes the video especially nice is that you can hear Bob, Brad, Eli and I singing in the background, way off key:


Here's Turn the Page:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the show, THANKS for informing of the start time. We are going Friday night, We can't wait!!!!

Unknown said...

You can definitely miss the opening act, Steve Azar. He's kind of country rockish... Bob went on at 9pm sharp.