Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day

We were able to sleep in until around 8 on Christmas Morning, which is a record. Again, you gotta love the kids getting older. The kids opened presents from my Dad and then we loaded up. Normally we go to Cathie's parents a couple miles away and spend Christmas with them, but this year they're on an extended vacation in Hawaii. Instead, we headed home and cleaned up in order to head over to my Aunt's house for Christmas Day. This is something we haven't been able to attend since we've gotten married, but it's a tradition I grew up with and my Mom had done growing up as well. We would head down to Detroit on Christmas and would spend Christmas Day with all of my relatives.

We had a chance to see a lot of extended family that I hadn't seen in a long time, including my Aunt Elaine, one of my Mom's cousins who has always been super generous and thoughtful with us as kids and our kids for Christmas. We got home around five and were exhausted.

No comments: