Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Good Brad Story


My good friend Brad is old and with that old age comes a lot of great stories. Some of the greatest stories I've ever heard have come from Brad. Mark Kohne, Brad and I had sushi for lunch today and I laughed hard when he told me this story. Warning, half of Brad's story is how he tells them. My story telling skills pale in comparison:
Brad was cooking dinner last night for his family, making shake-and-bake type chicken. As he was cutting the chicken he cut off the tip of his finger. Try as he might, he couldn't find it in the cut chicken anywhere. He shook the chicken, cooked it and served it to his family. Before they ate, he explained to them, "After dinner, I've got a surprise for you." The family was excited about the surprise and as they ate their dinner, finger tip and all.

After dinner, the family gathered around waiting for their "big surprise". Brad went to the trash and pulled out the loads of paper towels he'd used to try and stop the bleeding of his finger and explained to them that one of them was the lucky person who'd eaten his finger tip. You would think they would feel lucky and thankful, but instead they gagged and screamed.

No comments: