Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Maddie's Room

Cathie and Monaca had been planning for a while to re-do Maddie's room as a surprise. Monaca came over early yesterday and the two of them painted and re-decorated the room in pure Trading Spaces fashion. They had new furniture, blinds, light fixtures and wall hangings along with a new border and re-painting the entire room, everything color-coordinated, of course.

They worked for about 10 hours straight to get things ready for the unveiling, which you can see here on video:


Maddie was surprised and loved it. Will and I did the heavy lifting with the furniture and hanging the curtains. Thankfully Maddie made it through the night, surviving a room full of paint fumes.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks awesome!!! Please come to my house next!!!!

Sarah said...

I just watched the video clip. I LOVE Maddie's reaction!! She is SO sweet and SO gracious!! What an adorable girl!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to sleep in there next time we come over!!

You took my idea and put her dresser in the closet, huh?

Unknown said...

I did. You're a genius.

Anonymous said...

Really cool room!

momteacherfriend said...

That was a cool unveiling.
I think she likes it!