Monday, January 22, 2007

Sledding


We were at my Dad's house celebrating my Grandma's 89th birthday yesterday and after the party Dan, Kevin and I took the kids sledding at the nearby Granger Hill. This is by far one of the best sledding hills I've ever been to in Michigan. It's got three separate hills, all of which generate some wicked speed.

The snow was hard packed and fast, but it made for some wicked wipe-outs. If you were turned sideways when you hit the washboard at the bottom of the hill, you were pretty much assured of a wipe-out, which felt about the same as rolling on concrete. The kids went non-stop for two hours and I was able to get some fun video:





You can see the rest of the pictures here in the Kurt Family Photo Gallery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that everyone except Emily had to carry their sleds up the hill like suckers. It also looks like Nate and Gabe are holding hands.

Anonymous said...

great video... horrible music... didnt we already live through it once??