Friday, March 02, 2007

Conversations with Emily

Cathie is on a field trip with Nate, so I'm working, while loosely supervising Emily, trying to make sure she doesn't destroy herself or any of our pets while she freely roams around the house. I came upstairs to make her lunch and had the following conversation with her:

Emily: "Dad, Baily (our guinea pig) things I'm his Mom."
Me: (half listening) "Ok. Great"
Emily: "I talk to him, I listen to him, and I understand him."
Me: "You understand what he says?"
Emily: "Yep. And I lick him on his head."
Me: "You lick him on his head?"
Emily: "Yep. With my tongue. That's what Guinea Pig Mom's do."
Me: "Guess you're right."

2 comments:

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

Actually, I don't think they do. Momma cats maybe, but not guinea pigs.

Will said...

Ummmmm... I bet Emily makes a great guinea pig mom! You might want to investigate what other animals that she thinks she is mom to...