Monday, April 30, 2007

Happy Birthday?

My sister Sooze started this whole thing with posting fun facts for birthdays, and it's since caught on. On a given family member's birthday you'll see a very amusing picture along with the little gems of knowledge. These are some of my favorite posts to read. Here are 10 things about me you might not know from Jon, man of them even true.
  1. As much as Dave loves going to the gym to work out, he enjoys complaining about it even more.
  2. Dave always has connections to get things done. Whether it is paying to much for a new car or getting a deal on a TV, there is always "someone from church" who he can call to take care of business.
  3. Dave likes to wear his clothes on the small side. His pants are a size 30 and his tee-shirts are girls medium.
  4. Nobody in our family has any idea what he does for work. We know it involves travelling and watching lots of videos on you-tube.
  5. Dave can't sit still for even 5 minutes. He always has to either be doing something or getting all his ducks in a row to be doing something soon.
  6. Never eat ice cream while over at his house. He will occasionally dip his junk in the ice cream so other people won't eat it.
  7. He is a huge "cat person". If you read his blog, you will read entry after entry about how great his cat is, but you would never even know he has three wonderful children.
  8. One time on a trip out to Iowa, Dave pushed me off the slide and I broke my arm. I had to start nursery school with a cast on.
  9. Dave was the Best Man at my wedding, as I was at his. Our older brother Dan had some other guy.
  10. When Dave was younger, he perfected the art of taking my money. One thing he would do is convince me to put all my money underneath a brick out in the yard and he would do the same. Then together we could save up to buy Star War figures. The next day when I went to check on the money, it was all gone and I still have yet to see the figurines.
10 from Susan.
  1. He is what my parents liked to call, the bad son
  2. He is hypoglycemic. That may mean nothing to you, but it meant beatings for me when I was growing up. When he would get hungry and needed to eat NOW, and if he didn't he would just hurt me
  3. Him and Cathie's favorite past time when they were dating was to make out in the back seat of my parents car. The odd part was, my mom, dad and I were all sitting in the front seat
  4. He learned that you would have to be an idiot to light fireworks off in your room. And an even bigger idiot to try and hide a hole the carpet in the middle of the room and curtains with burn marks from your mom and dad
  5. Because of him one year, I had to spend Christmas Day ALL BY MYSELF when I was 12 years old because he couldn't find his way to my aunt's house. The rest of the family was there already so Dave and Cathie dropped me off at my parent's house and took off to spend Christmas with her family
  6. If it wasn't for Kevin, nothing would get fixed around his house
  7. He is the best arguer in the whole entire world. Growing up, if I ever needed to convince my parents of something, I would present all the facts to Dave and let him tell them. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't
Apparently Dan doesn't even know it's my birthday. Sigh.

2 comments:

Dan said...

As the oldest, I have chosen to delegate this task to my younger siblings. And, I must add, they have done a fine job.

James Raitz said...

I dont know your family however reading this made me giggle.