Sunday, April 08, 2007

Kasey is getting married!!!!!


I got a call tonight from Kasey telling me the great news that she got engaged to her boyfriend Michael today! I've known Kasey for around 11 years - since she was in the junior high youth group at church. It's been amazing watching her grow up over the years and having her become a part of our family as well. She's like a big sister to my kids, and a little sister to me. Since she's known me, the same rule has applied: If a guy wants to date you, he has to come through me first. I haven't always liked all of her boyfriends and I made that pretty clear to Kasey over the years. I'd met her boyfriend Michael in the past, but hadn't spent a ton of time with him until last night, where I got to drill him a little further on his plans for life and watch him around my kids. Funny enough, after last night, I felt pretty comfortable with Michael dating Kasey. Good thing, because when Kasey called me tonight to tell me, I was able to give her my blessing. It would have been awkward for her to have had to call the whole thing off after saying yes!

Wow! This is really like finding out my little sister's getting married. I'm so proud of the woman Kasey has become and I'm thrilled for this next big step in her life.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Kasey is like the little sister you never had.