Monday, May 14, 2007

Jott


I'm trying out a new cell phone based transcription service called Jott. It lets you call it, speak a message, which it will in turn translate to text and send either to you or others. I use my voice mail and e-mail on my phone to record to-do's for myself all the time. I'm trying this to see if this is easier than having to type out a quick e-mail to myself as a reminder for things. Jott integrates well into my address book, pulling them all over from just about any source and then allowing me to interact with everything via voice commands. It's free, it's beta, and it seems to be a good idea in concept.

I still use the YouMail personalized voice mail system which made it past my two-week window of usefulness testing. If you haven't tried YouMail yet, it's rather cool. It's also free and it lets you personalize the voice mail greeting based on phone number and then access your voice mail via a web browser, if you like.

1 comment:

chrispancho said...

I've been a jotter for quite some time and lovin it! I heard Jott plans to expand towards businesses and will start charging, but they will keep a free version up after beta. I'm excited to see what they have in store!