Saturday, May 19, 2007

Tobacco Nazis

There are few things I love more in the Spring, Summer and Fall than sitting out and smoking a cigar in the evening. Schools these days apparently teach our kids to be very annoying about this stuff. My kids have grown up seeing me do this and have occasional questions, but I've explained to them that it's different than cigarettes, it's not all the time, not as bad for you and I'm not addicted to them - so it's alright. For Pete's sake, my Doctor even said it was OK to have the occasional cigar.

I was over hanging out with a neighbor tonight smoking cigars and we must have had ten neighborhood kids come up and tell us how horrible smoking is and that we're going to die. Quickly. I'm with you that cigarette's are bad and most people who smoke them smoke multiple packs a day. That's bad for you. You've got to wonder why they don't teach about excess instead - teach kids to run up to overweight people and do the same thing that they're doing to people who smoke. Or teach kids to run up to their parents when they're on the 17th beer of the night (Brad) and tell them how bad they are. I got tired of the neighborhood kids telling us that our smoking was evil, so I turned it back on them and asked them why they hate the Indians who taught us about tobacco. They weren't quite sure what to say, but hopefully some kid will go into school on Monday and ask his teacher why they hate Indians.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Isn't Will part indian? He might get angry for you bringing up his people like that.

Noel Heikkinen said...

Jesse is being trained as a tobacco Nazi at school too.

Coley, however, thinks that only really old people smoke a lot.