Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Will and Monaca are Engaged!


Our friends Will and Monaca are engaged! Words can't describe how excited I am about this. Will is like a brother to me - one of my best friends in the whole world. He is a part of my family and i speak for us all when I say that we are all thrilled to have the family now grow by one as Monaca joins the Kurt clan (much to our chagrin, she will not be taking the Kurt name when she marries Will). Our kids are very excited, especially the girls, who love Monaca to death. Even Nate showed something that was beyond ambivalence when he heard the news. The whole family has been pulling for Will and Monaca to take this step for a long time. Most excited is Will's Mom, who gain a daughter, lose a roommate and gain a bedroom and couch back.

I can think of no one that would have been more excited at this news than my Mom. The day before she died, she sat down with Will and Monaca and tried to get them to move their schedule up a little bit, but they wouldn't go for it. She considered Will one of her boys and as Will put it, my Mom had the best seat in the house for the proposal.

Rumor has it that Ted Haase will have the important job of coaching and motivating the ring-bearer and flower-girls.

No comments: