Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Madeline


Happy Birthday Madeline!

My beautiful little girl is nine today! Here are nine things you might not know about Madeline:
1. Madeline loves to read. She will often read through a decent size chapter book in one night.
2. Maddie is scared of worms. She'll hold snakes, she will ride any rollercoaster you can find, but worms terrify her.
3. Madeline loves to be the center of attention. Not sure where she got that trait from.
4. Madeline's favorite pop in the whole world is Dr. Pepper.
5. Madeline is very generous. She loves to help others out with what she's got, whether it's with her allowance or her toys. She was given an award at Spring Hill for her generosity.
6. Maddie has her own style. It's usually a pretty one and the parts that aren't, we attribute to Jess living with us for a year.
7. Madeline is a minimalist. She stores nothing and when cleaning her room would sooner give something away or throw the stuff out.
8. When I wear ugly sunglasses in public, I embarrass her from her "head all the way down to her toes."
9. Maddie has a pen-pal that she met while Cathie and I were on our time-share spiel in Florida. The two been corresponding for almost a year, a few times a month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the stories I could tell about Jessica's sense of style! In high school she embarrassed me from my "head to my toes" by cutting the legs off some jeans and wearing them on her head. She's improved a lot since then and I love her!

Craft lady said...

Dave, maybe if you didn't miss your daughter's birthday EVERY year she wouldn't flip people off.

Unknown said...

I guess i didn't even notice she was flipping people off. she'd hurt her finger and was showing us.