Saturday, June 23, 2007

We Want a Pool

Emily and Madeline want to get a pool in the backyard. I got this e-mail from them explaining exactly why it's a good idea. I was pretty impressed at Maddie's persuasive abilities. Wonder where she got that.

Dear Dad,
Emily and I really want a pool so we will try to convince you to want one too. I will write an essay on why we want a pool and you will read it. Got it? good? Than lets start reading now.

Have there ever been days where you are hot and just dying to cool off? Yes? No? Maybe? Well than I have a great idea! go chill in the pool. Wait that won't work we don't have a pool. Wait! Lets buy one then! Here are a few reasons why we should buy a pool.

Reason number 1. It will cool you off!

Reason number 2. You can have fun in it!

Reason number 3. You can relax in it.

Have you ever been super hot? Well if so, buy a pool! If you get too hot you could get way too hot,pass out and have to go to the hospital. That really would not be good. See a pool would cool you off and that would not happen this summer at all. Also you could cool off in it and feel a whole lot better when you get hot.

Are you sitting around board at all? Well have some fun get in the pool and play! Have some fun don't just sit on your butt watching T.V. or playing video games all day. Have some fun get in the pool and get active. Make waves, splash, have contests. That would be fun.

Hey are your children away or in there rooms? Well if so grab a book or something get in the pool and relax. That way you have some time alone with no interruptions. You can sit and chill or grab a great book you are in the middle of and start reading. With no interruptions that would be relaxing.

Do you want a pool now? Well just reading this makes me want one. Lets get one and we will all be happy. Those were a few reasons why we (as in me and em want a pool.


Love,
Maddie and Emily

3 comments:

Will said...

My roommate says that you need to buy those kids a pool! This is so stinkin' funny! Hard to believe that a 9 year-old wrote this!

Will said...

I meant an almost 9 year-old.

Dan said...

I have always said that the best pool is the one in your neighbor's or realitive's yard.

I agree with Em and Maddie...this meets one of my criteria.