Friday, July 27, 2007

10 Year Award

I'm in Chicago for a team get together for my line of business. It's a virtual organization, with people working all around the country, some of whom I only get to see once or twice a year. We had a team dinner after our meetings tonight, and in front of the whole group, my boss Andrea presented me with my ten year Xerox pin. After Andrea shared a few thoughts, one of my co-workers spontaneously shared a few kind words about my contribution to the organization, which turned the event into a kind of roast. When you travel and work with people in intense situations, deep bonds are formed. Some of these people I've worked with since i was fresh out of college at a previous company, and others have worked for me for four years or more. A number of people, including our line-of-business VB (who i was his first employee) followed on and shared there own thoughts about me and my contribution to the team. it was one of the first times in a while that I was without words. They asked for a speech and I had nothing at the end, and my eyes were pretty tear-filled. It was a great night. One of many reasons I work for Xerox.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Congratulations Dave. Tell me someone was rolling tape.