Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Greatest Mom in the world


With my increased travel, Cathie ends up carrying most of the load around the house to not only be be both a Mom and Dad, but also to be a chauffeur, handy-woman and troubleshooter. She's helps me pack my clothes (only one time packing two different shoes for me), makes sure I've got the right clothes cleaned and the right stuff in my travel kit. They might sound like little things, but they're huge to me. Being away is tough, but knowing she's at home taking care of everything makes all the difference in the world. I also get all sorts of nice little text messages and pictures via cell phone.

Cathie gets that i don't like being away, but my job requires it and I work hard to travel as little as possible. The travel I do is offset by the fact i get to work at home, work for a great company with great people and have huge flexibility in my schedule, generous holidays and vacation.

On the flip side, i learned a long time ago to try not to call home and rave about the beauty of the hotels I'm at or the amazing meal I just got done having - as Cathie is sitting at home having macaroni and cheese.

Cathie is my best friend in the whole world and one of the big reasons I've been able to be successful in my job.

No comments: