Sunday, July 08, 2007

Jeffery's Cottage

Yesterday afternoon we went over to Brad's cottage in nearby Pickney to hang out for the day. Brad had two great additions, the first being the Dave-size inner tube/beer-holder/chips and salsa holder. If this is what having a big 'ol belly is all about, then I'm growing one. I tried to serve Will some chip's and salsa with my innertube belly and end up dumping the whole bowl on his crotch. Good thing he wasn't wearing his speedo at the time.
The second piece of coolness is this anti-gravity water mat. It's about two inches thick and can hold a bazillion people without sinking. The kids played in this, jumping off, flipping off (not their finger, their bodies) and then the big boys decided to play a friendly game of king-of-the-hill.

If you look closely, you'll not the even Pastor Joe is in on the beat-down we delivered to Brad.

We capped the night off with grilling out, followed by fireworks. Brad and Joanne had this cool hot-air balloon thing that went off way, way up into the ether. We shot off all sorts of fireworks (many of them not the "kosher" kind for Michigan) and no one lost an eye. I should have taken pictures of them, because my sister Sooze loves nothing more than LOTS of fireworks pictures


You can see the rest of the pictures here.

2 comments:

Ken said...

I thought that the hot air balloon this was so cool that I called my science teaching wife over to see the pic... all she said was "So you're littering?"

Unknown said...

Kathy's not the only one! As I watched this cute little balloon fly away, I thought"how cool, but I wish it wasn't just going to end up as trash in the lake". Glad to see I'm not the only downer at a party.

Cathie (Dave's better half)