Monday, July 09, 2007

Long Monday

My day started at 5am, going to Kirk's workout and after crossing three time-zones, I'm out in Portland, OR. On my way to the airport I was on a conference call, not paying attention and hit a Northville speed trap on the hill at Beck and 8 mile. The guy clocked me going 52 in a 35, but because I have a clean record, he let me off with a "Impeding Traffic" ticket, which carries a fine and no points and my insurance is none the wiser. I called Cathie today and told her about it as she explained that she got a ticket to day as well. He wrote her up for 5 over and claims there are not points for it, but I'm skeptical.

I fly back on Wednesday just in time to take Nate and Maddie to the Weird Al Yankovic concert at the Common Grounds festival in Lansing. I've been listening to Weird Al for 25 years and now all three of my kids think he's hilarious as well. My Dad is taking all of us to the concert, which should be a blast.

No comments: