Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pre-Season

Nate and I went up yesterday to pick up all his of his gear. We decided to practice throwing and catching in pads to get him used to it. As he was getting his gear on, his little sister Em proclaimed, "Nate - you look cool."

My little guy is growing up. He's almost 5 foot tall now and every day I'm amazed by him in a new way. With this pre-season workout he's been doing, I've been so impressed to watch him push himself beyond where I thought he could go and beyond where he thought he could go. He can have such a single minded focus when he wants to really pursue something. I'm a proud Dad. I tell Nate all the time, "If God lined up every boy in the world to pick out a son, I'd pick you." and I mean it.

5 comments:

Jon said...

What if Harry Potter and Warren Buffett were in the line up also? Would you still choose Nate?

Unknown said...

Who's to say that Nate doesn't have the magical powers to kill he-who-must-not-be-named and won't make bazillions of dollars?

Jon said...

Odds are against it since he goes to a public school.

Unknown said...

Charter schools aren't as bad as people say. I heard there's a half way decent one in Plymouth. Most of the kids know how to use their scissors pretty well.

rudi said...

I went to a public school, and look at me, I turned out OK.