Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Man Week

Nate and I went out for breakfast this morning and then we had practice tonight. Day two of full contact went a lot better than the first day for Nate. I saw him get knocked on his butt at least twenty times, but he kept getting up and kept going. Most of the other kids have been play for a while and have a lot of the skills and techniques down, which makes all the difference when you're making a tackle. Nate does a great job not getting frustrated as he's learning the positions. He watches the other guys pretty closely and learns from them and hangs on the every word of the coaches.

I'm still on parking duty, and I've figure out to do the job right, I should bring my iPod, wave a lot, smile and look like I know what I'm doing, and . One of the women on parking duty with me has grand plans like repainting the parking lot lines, advising each and every person to park straighter and slashing the tires those cars that park on the lawn. I'm pretty content with smiling, waving and suggesting that people should park on the pavement. If they don't I figure there are worse crimes against humanity. The field is a giant trash-heap with big sinkholes that's been turned into a park, so how badly can it be destroyed?

After football, Nate and I went go-karting and then rented the baseball game The Bigs for the Wii. It's a blast and it uses the WiiMote and Nunchuck for all the hitting and pitching in a way that make the gave realistic and fun. We finished the night off watching the football movie Rudy. The girls come home tomorrow night and Nate and I have a LOT of cleaning to do.

No comments: