Monday, August 06, 2007

Parking Lot Duty

Each family in Panthers football have to volunteer six hours of time in the organization. The jobs range from working the chains at a game, announcing, working concessions or selling tickets. I picked the first job available and signed up for parking lot duty. There are twelve teams with twenty five kids per team, which translates into a lot of cars, and I guess the need for parking lot attendants. As a parking lot attendant, I have to stand around for 30 minutes before and after practice and make sure people don't park on the lawn. I basically stand around for 30 minutes, smile and pretend like I've got a purpose there. I've tried to come up with ways to do the job better or smarter, but frankly, people pretty much don't park on grass, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing there. At least I get to wear a shiny green vest.

No comments: