Friday, September 21, 2007

Emily's Room Cleaning


Emily is our little third child negotiator. She believes the world is her bargaining table. She didn't want to clean her room, so she figured she'd negotiate her way out of it:
Emily: "Mom, if you're going make me clean my room then I'm going to sleep in this box."
Cathie: "You're going to sleep in a box? Ok."

and later....
Emily: "Mom, if you make my clean my room, I'm going to be sad and wear this box on my head the whole time."
Cathie: "Ok. You can be sad and wear a box on your head. Just as long as your room gets clean."

1 comment:

Jon said...

Isn't Cathie a stay-at-home Mom? She should be able to find time during the day to clean Emily's room. After all Emily has to go to school, Cathie can just hang around the house all day now.