Sunday, September 02, 2007

Perfect Moment

Have you ever had one of those where all of the elements are just right and you want to lock it in your brain like a snapshot? This was one of those moments. We went out last night to celebrate Cathie's 37th birthday with the Girards, Niemis and Schultzs. We went to the Zuki Lake Tavern for dinner and setup on the upper deck. The weather was prefect, it smelled like the lake, we were laughing and having a great time, Eli and I were splitting a bucket of ice cold Corona beers and Jimmy Buffett's Son of a Son of a Sailor was playing. It was a perfect summer day.

4 comments:

Jon said...

Good thing you mentioned that Cathie was with you, or else that story makes you and Eli seem pretty gay together.

Unknown said...

Reading it again, I guess it might. If I was planning on being gay, Eli's no my type.

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

You have a type?

Unknown said...

My wife is exactly my type. Hot.