Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Lebbon Christmas

Nate and EdEm
After waking up Christmas morning at my Dad's house, we headed over to Cathie's parents house, just down the street from my Dad. Ed and Stacy were there along with their baby (dog) Justice. It's a nice change of pace from my Dad's house, where you can actually kick back and read a book for more than 30 seconds or take a nap without having to go hide under the bed somewhere. Em loves pickles (she eats them like Popsicles) and even received this pickle ornament! Cathie's parents were super generous and amongst other things, I received a very cool iHome iPod clock radio.
Ed's Spotted Dick
We opened presents and then had a HUGE dinner. Stacy made six different kinds of desserts which we grazed on for a while. As you can see from the picture, my brother-in-law Ed brought his favorite dessert: Spotted Dick, a British delicacy. I'm a firm believer that an Uncle's job is to spoil their nieces and nephews and do the things for them that their parents find questionable. Things like teaching them to drive before their time, teaching them funny limericks and sneaking them pieces of candy right before bed-time. I believe that the same thing holds true with my dog-nephew Justice. I felt that it was my duty to give him scraps of food at dinner and throughout the day, leaving before there was any vomit to clean up. I'm pretty sure Ed and Stacy appreciate my faithful uncling (that must be a word - my spell check didn't flag it)
Stacy and EmMaddie and Grandma
After dinner we all hung out, napped, read and played games. Nate got Madden '08 (which he believes he has mastered) and got two whoopings from his Uncle Ed. Cathie's Dad had a chance to find his true love in guitar hero, which he is now considering quitting his job to play professionally.
Grandpa on Guitar Hero
On a very sad note: Many of you may not know that my sister-in-law Stacy just so happens to be a book-mark nazi. She believes she has been placed on this earth to save books from broken spines and bent pages. Last time we were over, I couldn't figure out why every time I would come back to my book, it would be closed, when I was sure I had left it open or turned a corner on the page. I got my revenge by yanking Stacy's bookmark out every time I saw it laying around. With Stacy being a lawyer, you would think she would support my constitutionally guaranteed right to treat my book however I want. Not sure what law school she went to.

You can see the rest of the pictures here.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Remind me to send you a copy of the constitution!