Monday, December 24, 2007

Maddie, Kasey and Emily


I'm pretty sure that Kasey has been watching (as in babysitting, not stalking) our kids since she was in middle school. She babysat for us on Friday night and on Saturday night she came over and took the girls to see Enchanted (she thought she'd look weird going by herself) and then hung out with Cathie helping her wrap presents while Michael, Nate and I alternated between watching the Dallas game and playing Halo 3.

As the kids have gotten older, she continues to watch the kids, but she's become like a big sister to the girls. She's amazing with them, and they adore her. I'm so thankful that the girls have a collection of older girls like this in their lives that they can talk to and have as role-models as they grow up.

Kasey grew up in our youth group at church, which her Mom Nicki helped me run for a lot of years. In middle school, she never wanted to go to the meetings, partly because she thought she was too cool, partly because she wanted to sleep in(we met on Saturday morning - can you blame her?) Over the years, she became like a little sister to me, and with that came the power of me having the chance to meet each of her boyfriends and let them know if they could continue to date Kasey or not. A while back, she started dating a guy named Michael, who I wasn't sure about. I had a chance to hang with him for a week when he went to camp Velocity with us to help out. After that, i was sold. A while back the two of them got engaged and they're getting married in August I think. The full-circle part of this is that Kasey's fiancee Michael will be the new Youth Pastor at Crossroads with Kasey helping out. I'm very excited about both of them being here.

No comments: