Monday, February 25, 2008

Orlando

I got up around 4:30 this morning to head to Orlando the HIMMS (Healthcare and IT Management) show in Orlando, FL. I arrived to a sunny, 70 degree day. Can't beat that. The show is huge and at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. If you've ever been to Orlando, you've probably driven by this monstrosity. Imagine three football fields side-by-side and fifteen football fields end-to end. The place is ginormous.

I picked a hotel at random (in the Hilton family, of course) off of a list, and ended up at the Grand Vacation Club over by Sea World. They upgraded me to an 1,100 square foot suite like the one Cathie and the kids and I stayed at on our last Florida vacation, complete with a huge screened in porch over looking the pool.

I'm flying to New York tomorrow, back Thursday morning and then off to Lansing for Will and Monaca's rehersal dinner followed by the event of the year: The wedding! It's going to be amazing... I know, I know Brad - expetations are resentments waiting to happen. Not in this case. When you've been waiting for 15 years for your best friend to meet his soul-mate, when it finally happens and they join their lives together, it can only be awesome!

My family has been so honored to be invovled in the event - Cathie is the maid of honor, I am the a groomsman, Nate is a junior groomsman, Maddie is a junior bridesmaid and Em is a flower girl. It's going to be fun. I'm looking forward to the toast.

1 comment:

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

Cath is actually the "matron of honor" unless she is has been living in sin with you all this time.

It will be great!!!!