Sunday, March 16, 2008

Start spreading the news

Cathie and I are going for a 3 day getaway to New York City at the end of April. New York City is one of the most amazing places on earth. I spend a fair amount of time there, and every time I go I have the conversation with Cathie about how much I want to experience it with her. I know it sounds sappy and I've said this before, but I can't completely enjoy a place without having her there to experience it with me.

I'm going to be working out there mid-week and Cathie's going to fly in and meet me at LaGuardia airport and we'll cab it into the city, staying in Mid-Town Manhattan right in Times Square. We're going to do all of the typical tourist things along with hitting a couple of great restaurants (my favorite Brazilian restaurant and a Bobby Flay's restaurant called Mesa Grill). I can't wait to be with Cathie to experience New York City for the first time: Seeing Times Square, Broadway, Central Park, The Statue of Liberty and all of the great New York City landmarks like the Carnegie Deli, The Soup Nazi Kitchen, The Today Show and everything else. Not sure which shows we're going to see, between Wicked, Lion King and Les Miserables. Les Miz is both of our favorites, but we've both seen it a few times, so not sure which we'll do.

My Dad was kind enough to come down and stay with the kids and they can't wait.

2 comments:

Jon said...

I heard they have an awesome T.G.I.Fridays right in Time Square you have to take Kathy to.

Eric said...

I highly recommend "Avenue Q".