Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Raw Shark Texts


I just finished reading a bizarre book that my sister-in-law Beth recommended to me (though she'd never read it, she just knew lots of people that have) called The Raw Shark Texts. It's the most bizarre fiction book I've read in a long time in that I can't bucket it to be like just about any book I've read in the way the story is told. It's a concept like the Matrix but in a completely different context. It's a tough book to explain without telling the story. It reminded me a lot of the book Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance in that you weren't quite sure what was real and what was delusional until the end. It starts out strong and then throws you for a loop, but it's one of those books that you sound nuts just trying to describe what it's all about but ends a very good book.

2 comments:

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

Is that all you did on vacation?

Blogging about a book before your trip seems a little odd.

Unknown said...

I'm going to wait a bit just to torment you.... Quit being so obsessive.