Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Road Trip


I flew into Tulsa, OK and drove down this morning to Arkansas for meetings with a certain large retailer. As a part of my presentation, I used this slide and shared the role of this retailer at Camp Velocity. They laughed as I talked about junior high kids running through their stores flush with cash and no parental oversight, buying candy, caffeine and weapons (squirt guns and bow-staffs).

On top of being able to have some Chick-fil-a for breakfast, I learned a few fun facts today:
  • Wal-Mart generates 980,000 miles of receipt paper every year. That is enough to go from the earth to the sun and back seven times. They are rolling out double-sided printing to drive that amount down.
  • Tyson farms "harvest" 56,000,000 chickens every week. That's a lot of chicken guts.

No comments: