Monday, June 02, 2008

Babysitting Scorecard

We've been grooming Nate to start "babysitting" his sisters. We started by allowing him to stay home by himself, and then to stay with his sisters for an hour or so at a time. On Saturday, he had his first real gig.

My type A personality might shine through a bit too much here, but it's a start. I wanted to setup some measurable criteria for Nate so that he could understand what success would look like as a babysitter. I also wanted to set some objective criteria for the girls so they would know how they are supposed to behave when it's their brother watching them and what success would look like for them. I setup a report card for Nate and went through it with him and the girls. My plan was to sit down and talk it through with the girls afterward, fill it out and then talk to the Nate about the results.

We came home on Saturday night and were presented with an already completed report card by Madeline and Emily that you see here. He apparently got 100% and very high marks. I still haven't figured out what kind of coercion, if any, was used to get them to this point. So far, so good.

No comments: