Sunday, June 08, 2008

Velocity Car Wash Fund Raiser

Velocity Car WashVelocity Car Wash
We were supposed to have our fund raising car wash at church today, but Fez and Kasey ended up stuck in Holland (they went for a wedding shower, which Fez apparently loves going to). I found out when I showed up to church that it was canceled, but I figured it was too nice of a day, so we decided to wing it. We spent the first service figuring out how to do it and getting the supplies we needed and I think we were pretty much ready when the next service began.

We harassed people as they came into church to get a "wash while they worship". Cheesy, I know, but people didn't get it otherwise. It was too easy for people to wave as they went by, so I taught the kids the true art of the sale. I had the kids jump out in front of the cars as they came in and make sure the people had to roll down their windows and tell us face-to-face they didn't want to get a car wash and send a poor kid to camp. What can I say? Shame is a powerful motivator. The best I promised people was that their car would not look worse than it did coming in. We gave each person a card and had them leave their keys in car. During the service we went and got their car, washed and dried it, and then put it back in their spot.
Velocity Car WashVelocity Car Wash
The kids had a blast, and the cars didn't look too horrible for the most part. We earned about $210 which wasn't too shabby for one service. You can see the rest of the pictures here.

No comments: