Monday, July 28, 2008

The Great Mustache Race

Again, my brother Jon put it best... My fabulous mustache has since been shaved.
Last week my entire family went up to Higgins Lake for a week of fun in the sun. My Dad rented two cabins for us and we all had a ball, even though the weather didn't always cooperate. You can read more about the week here. But the most important thing that happened was my brother Dave and I decided to grow mustaches. It was dubbed the "Dirty, Dirty, Mustache Race".

My brother connected his mustache to his sideburns while I went for more of an old fashion zapata.

Here are a few things I learned about having a mustache:
  • It never hurts to ask for a mustache discount. We got extra laps while go-carting and 2-for-1 miniature golfing.
  • I tend to wear more denim when sporting a 'stache.
  • My wife was sorta able to fulfill her teenage dream of making out with Burt Reynolds by kissing me.
  • Women don't like it when you offer them free mustache rides.
All in all having a mustache was a great experience. I look forward to next years race, we are considering doing it for charity.

No comments: