Sunday, November 30, 2008

Kurt Family Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving
On Thursday, we celebrated Thanksgiving at my Dad's house. There were a slew of us, including my Dad's wife Judy, her Mom and some of her kids and grandkids. My Dad found a thanksgiving prayer to read (we think his impromptu prayers are just fine, but he has very high standards for his communication with God).
Dad's Thanksgiving Prayer
My Dad pre-soaked both of the turkeys in brine for 24 hours before and it made them amazingly tender. My step-brother Mark took the blue ribbon with his sweet-potatoes, which I confiscated and have been eating with every meal since Thursday.
Jon at ThanksgivingAndrew at Thanksgiving
We used the time to celebrate a slew of Birthdays, including Gabe and Matthews. Normally we combine Matthew's birthday with Christmas and just give him a $5 bill in addition to his Christmas gifts. I'm not sure why we're treating it any different this year. We got them both a tissue box with $20 in singles hidden inside.
Gabe's SinglesShabadu's Singles
I was very proud to see so many Kurt's sporting their Spartan wear proudly.
Bender, Nate and Shabadu in MSU Wear
Gavin is my step-brother Mark's son. It was funny watching all of the kids play. Maddie and Em thought he was the cutest thing ever, showing her friends pictures of her cute little step-cousin. The boys kept saying how loud he was and kept interrupting their video games, which was hilarious, as we kept reminding them how they were about 10 times louder when they were that age, and 10 times more annoying.
Gavin and Bender
Even though the Lions were dismal, we found a reason to all take a nap and watch the game.
Thanksgiving Nap
We later celebrated even more birthdays, done with the most god-awful singing you can imagine, but one that we find very amusing.
Thanksgiving Birthdays
In the tradition of getting my Dad gifts that he'll never use, Dan and Kris got my Dad a laser level that you need to use these x-men style goggles to truly see the beam. We all took turns, of course, wearing the goggles. My mustache made them look even cooler.
Dad and DanDave's Laser Shades

You can see the rest of the pictures here in Picasa.

No comments: