Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Greatest White Elephant Gift Ever?

XMas Candy
I was very excited about my white elephant gift this year. Last year, we started a tradition to do a white elephant gift drawing amongst my siblings. Everyone but Kevin was very creative last year (he gave a gift card) and this year we tweaked it a bit further. My gift was to make a candy necklace. I bought 25 different $1 boxes of candy at Wal-Mart and planned to thread a string through the corners of the boxes, making a huge necklace. Genius, right?

As I talked to my siblings this weekend, it turns out that at some point they canceled this whole deal and never told anyone (well, anyone but Cathie and I, because we seemed to be the only ones out of the loop). If you see me randomly giving people consisting of boxes of candy, you'll understand why.

No comments: